Come and learn the basics of circular economy business!
- Price €75
The old ways of linear economy and business are no longer working due to climate crisis, diminishing natural resources and biodiversity loss. We should therefore make the transition to circular economy in which everyone can use, create and benefit financially from services that are based on sharing, renting and recycling.
In the Circular Economy Course (5 ECTS), the student will develop business skills (needed in working life) and the basics of circular economy the fact-based content of the course. This includes customer-oriented approach and business models. Also, skills of collaboration and project management.
The objective is that the students can apply all of this into practice when encouraged to learn in a new way.
by the Circular Business Models research group, Turku UAS
1–30 August 2022
Contact teaching in Turku 8–19 August (appr. 6 hours of contact teaching each day).
Before that you will do the pre-task on your own and by 30 August you need to return your individual work task.
Place and host institution
Turku, Turku University of Applied Sciences
The student will be able to
- masters the basic concepts of circular economy
- understands the limited scope of resources
- knows the most important business models of circular economy
- understands how circular economy links to own field of studies
- knows how to allocate resources for tasks to be done, and to take into account the objectives set by supervisor or client
- can construct a concise and informative presentation
- You will learn the basics of circular economy
- You will develop you group work and project management skills
- Group work on circular economy: Business ideas in circular economy
- Individual report: Links to my own field of study
Undergraduate students with at least two years completed of Bachelor’s studies in any field.
Lectures, group work, project work, report, presentations, company visits.
Pre-task 15h, lectures, company visits and mentoring 60h, project work in groups 50h, individual work 10h = 135 h
- Pre-task on pass/fail basis.
- Project work in groups on scale 0 -5 (0=fail – 5=excellent) (60% of the grade)
- Individual work: on scale 0 -5 (0=fail – 5=excellent) (40% of the grade)
- Pre-task: Depth of discussion.
- Group work: Creativity, Critical thinking, Initiative and Teamwork skills
- Individual work: Depth of discussion.
- Pre-task reading: Towards a circular economy: Business rationale for an accelerated transition
- Lecture material, webpages etc.
Number of students: max 30